Sun Printcap file for HP XL300 Printer

BAKERWL at UWYO.EDU BAKERWL at UWYO.EDU
Tue Jun 7 11:34:45 EDT 1994

In spite of suggestions from David Houlder and others I have not succeeded
in getting our HP XL300 to accept Postscript output from ps.map.  I expect
that this has to do with the pleasures of the Sun Printcap file.  When I
called HP, they had no information on what ought to be in the Printcap file.
I am running SunOS 4.1.3 and sending output out the serial port and through
a serial/parallel converter to the parallel port on the HP printer.  I think
that if the correct serial parameters are in the printcap file, then the
converter should work.  I set the dip switches on the HP to Postscript, since
we have the HP Postscript card.  Here's what's in the printcap file so far:

# entry for the HP XL300 color postscript printer
hpjet|lp2:\
	:lp=/dev/ttyb:\
	:sd=/var/spool/hpjet:\
	:lf=/var/spool/hpjet/log:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sf:\
	:sh:\
	:br#9600:\
	:ms=-parity,ixon:

I've checked all the permissions on the appropriate files and they're as Sun
suggests.  I suspect the missing or incorrest parameters are the :ms
parameters.  Anyone have ideas?

	Bill Baker
	bakerwl at uwyo.edu