Digital Ortho Quarter Quads (DOQQ)

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Jun 15 16:17:35 EDT 1994

Chris Kendrick writes:

> I recently received a set of doqq data.  I do not have a clue on
> how to use this in GRASS 4.1.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank You

The early DOQ's that I saw were in JPEG format. Use the command djpeg -p to
convert to PBMPLUS output format, and then use the appropriate PBMPLUS tool
(pnmtotif ?) to convert to TIFF or SunRaster format. Use r.in.tiff or
r.in.sunrast to import to GRASS.

Someone else may have an easier way; I'm all ears!
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159