continued heartburn over r.in.tiff

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Thu Jun 16 06:51:15 EDT 1994

For what it's worth:
After having had trouble with the r.in.sunrast method of import, we
changed over to r.in.tiff and haven't had any trouble since. Perhaps you
should try the reverse:
- use `xv' to convert the tiff file to sunraster format
- use r.in.sunrast to import
This method worked at our site about half of the time, perhaps you'll
have better luck...

P. Martijn van Leusen
Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam   martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl