surface modelling ability of grass?

juxlus pfly at nyx10.cs.du.edu
Sat Jun 18 13:49:17 EDT 1994

Not having access these days to a postscript printer (and therefore unable
to print the grass manual) I'd like to just ask the list -- what are the
surface modelling capabilities of grass.  Can it read DEMs and construct
slope and aspect maps, shaded relief, etc?

Also, what kinds of file formats can it output?  For example, how easy or
difficult would it be to transfer an image/map from grass to Adobe
Illustrator or similar program for touching-up and getting it ready for
publish-style printing?

Thanks...

--
Paul Fly                      |   Our deeds travel with us from afar
pfly at nyx.cs.du.edu            |   And what we've been makes us what we are