GRASS installation on Silicon Graphics

Robert Fraser (FO 1999) rfraser at minerva.cis.yale.edu
Tue Jun 28 10:14:59 EDT 1994

Help!

Has anyone successfully installed the SGI version of GRASS?

I closely followed the 2 page instructions, and got some errors relating
to my GIS.sh (e.g. LOCATION_NAME: parameter not set).  I solved this by
setting my MAPSET, GISDBASE, and LOCATION_NAME (e.g. setenv MAPSET
PERMANENT), and was able to get into the GRASS command line.

The problem is, now when I try to execute a grass module, I get the
error: "segmentation fault core dumped".  Sounds kinda serious to me, and
although I am a only a UNIX beginner, I guess that there are problems
with the hard links or FIFOs (don't ask me what a FIFO is).

Has anyone run into this problem, and managed to solve it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob Fraser
Yale School of Forestry
Hydro Lab