No subject

CHALLA SRINIVAS REDDY 99chall2 at lab.cc.wmich.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:13:05 EDT 1994

We scanned some aerial photos at different scales,like 100%,120%,150%.
We know the scale at which the aerial photographs were taken. Is there
any provision in GRASS to directly get the resolution of each pixel.
Actually what does the d.measure do. what it represents, I mean which scale,
how can we incorporate those, with the actual scale at which the
photos were taken and the scanned scale.
       In a crude way we can do like this. We know the #of rows & cols
and the scale. we can findout actual measure on the ground since we
know the scale. If we divede the total measure(rowwise & col wise) by
the #of rows and #of cols, I think we will get each pixel resolution.
I'm i in right direction.
All suggestions and ideas are appreciated, thanks
srinivas challa
99chall2 at lab.cc.wmich.edu