ps.map problems

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 17:13:00 EST 1994

Teresa,

I've been trying out ps.map and am now getting some nice output (thanks
to Malcolm D. Williamson for pointing out the updated source code at
'moon' and Anne Gisiger for doing the update).

I wonder if your problem is something to do with the Laserjet IIISi not
having 'autosense'. By that I mean it does not automatically switch into
Postscript mode. I am using a Laserjet IV which thankfully does.

I have created a 'laser4' file in the /etc/paint/ps.devices. Then
whenever I create a file using the 'ps.map in=... out=...' format, I
simply switch to another window and 'lp <file_name>' to the Laserjet IV.
I must admit I've not used the 'ps.driver' command. Don't seem to need it
thankfully.

I'm not to sure how you get the Laserjet IIISi to switch remotely, but I
know it can be done. You could of course manually switch it into
Postscript mode, but other users might not be to happy  8-(

Lots of luck,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West
e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (general usage)