v.digit driver?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu Mar 3 00:03:18 EST 1994

Doug Hersh writes:

> I requested help using v.digit without a digitizer.  When I select [none]
> as my digitizer I get the message:
>
> sh: /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/dig_drivers/none/digit: not found
>

> Cristina Seabra suggested:
> >From: cis at lua.cecer.army.mil
>
> >Hello Doug,
>
> >You have to create a file in your /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/ named digcap that
> >has the information that the driver being used is none.It can be like this:
>
> >none:nodig:nofile: Run digit without the digitizer.
>
> I tried variants of Cristina's suggestions.  I believe the file is digitcap,
> not digicap, and I tried changing "none:nodig:digit:  Run digit without the ..."to "none:nodig:nofile:  Run digit without the digitizer"

The file is called "digcap", and the original entry above is correct. The
problem appears to be that the driver "none" was not compiled with your GRASS.
This is usually done initially by editing $SRC/CMD/lists/local or
$SRC/CMD/lists/$arch, using $SRC/CMD/lists/local.sample as an example, before
running GISGEN. However, you can manually compile the driver by going to
$SRC/mapdev/digitizers/none and running gmake4.1 in that directory.

> but this only produced the error message:
>
> sh: /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/dig_drivers/none/nofile: not found
>                                               ------
> Since I didn't have a file "nofile" or "digit" in the dig_drivers/none/
> directory I created one without anything in it, but it didn't change
> the response of the program.  Do I need to put anything in this
>
> sh: /usr2/local/grass4.0/etc/dig_drivers/none/nofile
>
> ??
(lines deleted)

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159