Multi-resolution grids

Mark Gregory mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Sun Mar 6 17:16:01 EST 1994

Hello Grass users,

I have a raster data set registered to UTMs with 1 meter by 1 meter cells.
Values within the cells are either 0 or 1.  From this raster data set, I now
want to create another raster data set over the same area but with 30 meter
30 meter cells.  The value within each, new 30 meter cell will be the number
of 1 meter cells (for the same geographic space) which have a value of 1.
Thus the range of POSSIBLE values within the new data set could range from 0
(for zero 1 meter cells with a value 1) to 900 (where all 900 of the 1 meter
cells had a value of 1).

I have several data sets to convert, with the 30 meter data sets containing
500 rows by 500 columns.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Gregory                    mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Oklahoma State University       (405) 744-6417
Stillwater,OK  74078            (405) 744-5269 (fax)