Site Proximity Map

Jim Theriault theriault at goat.drea.dnd.ca
Sun Mar 6 19:25:32 EST 1994

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right
direction before I start reinventing the wheel.

I have a site file where the attribute is a numeric
pointer to a measurement record(which is the result
of an Oracle query).

I would like to create a raster map where the raster
catagory is equal to the attribute of the nearest site.
I'm not worried about the case where two sites are
an equal distance from the raster location since I
have a large uncertainty in my site locations anyway.

The only approach I have come up with is to modify
the code for s.surf.idw so that rather than computing
a weighted average, the new code would simply use
the attribute of the nearest neighbor.  Though this
would not be too difficult, is the facility already
available (and I can't find it).

jim

|            James A. Theriault           | jim.theriault at drea.dnd.ca  |
| Defence Research Establishment Atlantic |                            |
|              P.O. Box 1012              |     (902)426-3100 Ext. 376 |
|     Dartmouth, N.S. CANADA B2Y 3Z7      | FAX (902)426-9654          |