DWG conversion

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Mar 8 10:51:23 EST 1994

Ronnie,
This is another AutoCAD format, and, as far as I know, there is no way to
import them directly into GRASS. You'll need to get your hands on a copy of
AutoCAD, where you can read these files, and then save them as dxf. Easily
done, *if* you have AutoCAD! :-)

> Hi to you all
> Today I received a bunch of vector files wich should have been in ascii dxf format. But these files are most cleary in a binary format with the extension DWG. Does anybody knows a way to import these files in grass.
> Thanks
> *             Ronnie Lassche                  *
> *       Department of earth sciences          *
> *              Free University                *
> *                 Amsterdam                   *
> *               lasm at geo.vu.nl                *

Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159
Ozark Rm. 12                                        Fax: (501) 575-3846
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701