Tcl/Tk and GRASS

Mr J D Stocks bss045 at clss1.bangor.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 12:30:16 EST 1994

Hello all,

Anyone had any further thoughts about this GUI?

I have received lots of info from people about this subject recently.

We need to gather together those interested in developing it.

We also need to ascertain what has already been done.

e.g., Gille Clement & Janne Soimasuo, Finland.

Steps:

1. Email to grassu-list your current progress on this. (Gille Clement
I understand is demosntrating his stuff at the GRASS User conference) Sounds
good.

2. Establish our standards - Fonts, colors, etc. Also, what is our front end going to look like?

3. We put out a list of the GRASS commands that have TCL scripts so far,
and what is needed.

4. Users familiar with TCL write their scripts, and contribute.

This way, we can ensure that we don't reinvent any wheels. It is at least the
best way I can think of to get this task completed, and to facilitate
global cooperation on it.

Jeremy Stocks,

University of Wales,
Bangor.