problems compilation GRASS4.1

LSEGURA at ITECCOL.BITNET LSEGURA at ITECCOL.BITNET
Thu Mar 10 11:49:00 EST 1994

We are the Research and Development Division of the Colombian
Telecommunications Agency, TELECOM, and currently we are developing
a proyect that needs a Geographical Information System (GIS). For
this reason, we want to use the GRASS4.1 but we have had the following
problems with its use. We have a Sun SPARCclassic machine wtih
Operating System Solaris 2.2, SunOS 5.2, Openwindows version 3.2,
Motif version 1.2.2 and DBMS Oracle version 6.0.37.1. Please,
help us in solving them:

1. When we put the devices list in the lists/local file, the
compilation produces the following error message:

$GIS/src/libes/LIB.SUN4/libgis.a
undefined                           first referenced
  Symbol                                in file

_tty                                OBJ.SUN4/dig_curses.o
_rawmode                            OBJ.SUN4/dig_curses.o
_tty_ch                             OBJ.SUN4/dig_curses.o
_echoit                             OBJ.SUN4/dig_curses.o

ld: fatal: symbol referencing error. No output written to digit
*** Error code 1
Make: fatal error: command failed for target 'mk_driver_dig`
GISGEN failure at STEP src/mapdev/digitizers/none

2. When copied GRASS.X in lists/local, the XGRASS did not
compile. Please, tell us the steps to compile XGRASS.

3. When XGRASS is installed in Openwindows SUN enviroment, the
two following variables present errors in the Motif library:

XMINCPATH  Directory for Motif include files
XMLIBPATH  Directory for Motif libraries

However, the Motif version installed in our machines does not have
libraries.

4. Taking into account the GRASS can be used in PCs, how we could
adapt just the module for digitalizing, and where could we get
information about this platform.

5. Please send me your IP address in order I can subscribe me your list.

thanks

Diana Villegas Cespedes

ITEC-TELECOM Santafe de Bogota - Colombia

e-mail: LSEGURA at ITECCOL.BITNET