Info. on Mosiac, xwais, and HTP

Doug Brooks brooks at jekyll.cecer.army.mil
Tue Mar 29 09:05:51 EST 1994

Kym,

Yes, there is a copy of Mosaic that runs under OpenWindows and Solaris 2.x.
If you wish to download the binary version, here are the steps.

ftp to ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu
login as ftp or anonymous
use your email address as your password

cd Mosaic/Mosaic-binaries

Then simply download the version that you want.  Ther are many different
sets of binaries to choose from including DEC, HP, IBM, SGI & SUN.
For the Solaris 2.x version, you will want to choose Mosaic-solaris.Z
to download.

You may want to return to this machine in the near future to pick up some
of the viewers to use with Mosaic.  They are located in directory
Mosaic/Mosaic-viewers.  I use the mpeg and xv programs, myself.

Get back to my if you need any help.

Doug

++  Doug Brooks                     ++  Internet Address:             ++
++  U.S. Army Corps of Engineers    ++  brooks at cecer.army.mil         ++
++  Champaign, IL                   ++  Phone: (217) 373-4433         ++

----- Begin Included Message -----

During the conference, there was demonstrations using Mosiac and
xwais.  I wanted to incorporate Mosiac into my system.  But am a
bit confused on this issue of Motif.

First of all, I dont have it.  I have openwindows3.2 running
Solaris2.2.  Is there a version out there that will run on this
platform?  If so where can I find it?

Thanks for any help.

Kym M. Lenkus
Davidson Laboratory