r.stats

Mark Gregory mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:55:37 EST 1994

Help,

I am trying to use r.stats to generate area statistices which I wish to pass
into another application.  I can generate the data in the proper format with
the command

r.stats -a input=x output=y

but my statistics are always in meters.  The manual says that 'Area statistics
can be given in units of acres, hectares, square miles and cell counts.'
What is the option to output the statistics in acres?

I realize that I can run the results through awk, but this is for a class
assignment for an intro GIS class and I am trying to make reduce the number
of applications/programs the students need to know to complete the exercise.

I cannot use r.report because of the formatting.  Am I missing something with
r.stats?

Thanks,

Mark Gregory                        mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Oklahoma State University           (405) 744-6417
Stillwater, OK 74078                (405) 744-5269 (fax)