Grass Beginners Manual

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Tue May 3 05:39:33 EDT 1994

Apparently some people on this list have missed my previous
announcements, so I'll state some things clearly here:

1) The manual is not finished yet. What you get is a raw version that
needs another month of work or so - unfortunately my Faculty doesn't seem
to have the money;
2) That's the reason I haven't put it on the moon but in our own ftp machine;
3) If you create an anonymous ftp directory on an IBM RS6000 running
AIX3.2 using the script provided by IBM (like we did), you end up with
`dir' and `ls' getting you zilch. I posted this problem to grassp once,
but got no answers from it;
4) SO, if you or OGI can get me one months worth of salary, I'll be glad to
finish the manual and put it on the moon....

P. Martijn van Leusen

Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam
martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl