Degenerate DXF

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed May 4 11:09:00 EDT 1994

Firstly thanks to everyone who replied to my first message.

Further to my comment about GRASS importing DXF and reporting 'degenerate
lines', I'm wondering in GRASS handles the POLYLINE format of DXF -
perhaps I should 'explode' ?? the Autocad entities - I believe this
reduces the 'complexity' of the lines, etc.

I must admit to being a bit puzzled by the problem - I have a test
boundary, consisting of basically two straight edges (fault lines) plus
two arcs of a circle. Importing in Corel gives four straight lines - I
assume Corel doesn't handle POLYLINE. Importing into Word for Windows -
it thinks the DXF is 'damaged'. Finally GRASS - I get the 'degenerate
line' for one of the lines ??

Can anyone comment on this please

Cheers,

Steve Culshaw