importing raster maps

Ralf Kunkel STE077 at ZAM001.ZAM.KFA-JUELICH.DE
Wed May 4 09:48:13 EDT 1994

There are a couple of raster maps I want to import into GRASS 4.1.3. These
maps are referred to a Gauss-Krueger Projection (central meridian 9.0 degrees
east, speroid=bessel) with equidistant spacing in N-S and W-E directions in
this projection.
As far as I could get out of the GRASS-manuals, importing ASCII-data using
r.in.ascii or r.in.ll uses an equidistant spacing of lat-lon coordinates.
Although I dont't know exactly how to arrange this, it should be possible to
convert the GK coordinates of each single raster cell or it's boundaries into
lat-lon coordinates with PROJ. But then, the geographic locations of the
cells should be changed significantly when importing into GRASS.
Right now, I'm stucked on this problem. I wonder if somebody can give me some
hints in importing the data into GRASS.

Thanks in advance
Ralf Kunkel