ERDAS .LAN import

Andrea Giacomelli andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it
Mon May 9 09:30:15 EDT 1994

Hi,
I have an ERDAS .LAN (TM image) raster file. I was given the description
for the file format:

128 bytes header

949 rows x 795 cols for the 7 bands (BIL format)

And I tried to write some quick'n'dirty code to extract one band at a time
(for a start). It didn't work.
However, I tend to think that there is something missing to the info I
had, mainly because the size of the .LAN file is bigger than
949x795x7+128. I must be missing some CR/NL here and there (at least).
Is there somebody else who has played around with ERDAS who can give me
more accurate information ?

Thank you.

					Andrea Giacomelli
					andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it