ERDAS .LAN import

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon May 9 07:45:53 EDT 1994

Andrea Giacomelli (andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it) writes on 9 May 94:
>I have an ERDAS .LAN (TM image) raster file. I was given the description

>128 bytes header
>
>949 rows x 795 cols for the 7 bands (BIL format)

I recently imported an ERDAS 7.3 file (created by Multispec, a remote
sensing package for Macintrashes) into GRASS. Here's what I did:

% mkdir $LOCATION/erdas
% mv flc1 $LOCATION/erdas
% dd if=$LOCATION/erdas/flc1 of=$LOCATION/erdas/stripped ibs=128 skip=1
% cd $LOCATION/erdas
% i.tape.other # using $LOCATION/erdas/stripped as input, with no
               # extra skips made.

This worked perfectly.  I couldn't get the *in.erdas command(s?) to work
nor could I get i.tape.other to skip over the header (not sure why,
though).

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
** will finish PhD/engr in 9/94 - need job. inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) **
** Personal WWW page URL ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/me.html **