Creating a custom colortable

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Tue May 17 10:58:34 EDT 1994

Hi there,

	if you've been plodding around a bit trying to figure out how to
get Grass to display raster files in subtle coloring (very important to
draw oohs and aahs and money), as I have, seek no more: I've put a suite
of scripts on the moon (in grass/incoming), called xcolors, that will
help you choose colors from a list of 280 and creates a file that you can
use as `rules' input for r.colors (read that man page!).
	WARNING 1: you need to have xgen installed and to have grass running
	WARNING 2: I'm afraid the scripts are a bit ugly and you will
need to do some editing before a useful colortable emerges...
unfortunately I have no more time to do this myself.

Have fun,
P. Martijn van Leusen

Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam
martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl