tcltkgrass

Josef Fuerst fuerst at donau.boku.ac.at
Thu May 19 11:36:16 EDT 1994

> I was curious, so I got tcltkgrass and installed it.
> Everything went fine, and starting 'tcltkgrass' I get the tcltkgrass window, and
> the % prompt. My question is: what happens next? Is there anybody who can give me
> a quick hint for a demo (the boss should be impressed) ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> 					   Andrea Giacomelli
> 					   andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it

Andrea,
I just installed tcltkgrass on the HP 715 (about 2 hours ago): You should
definitely get more than a % prompt after the window. It appears as a 1:1
conversion from xgrass + a new display tool (superviewer). That means you
can access most Grass tools through a motif-like menu system.
The power will come into effect when you customize your system and integrate
it with other tools (numerical models e.g.) because you can easily build
graphical user interfaces with tcl/tk.

Best regards,
Josef Fuerst

Dipl.Ing. Dr. Josef Fuerst
Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Institut fuer Wasserwirtschaft, Hydrologie und konstruktiven Wasserbau
Nussdorfer Laende 11
A-1190 Wien
AUSTRIA

Tel: +43 1 3692924 360