write access to other mapsets?

Simon Cox s.cox at dem.csiro.au
Mon May 23 03:57:49 EDT 1994

I want to get a bit more structured in the way my data is stored.  I
thought that using a set of mapsets for different themes would be the way
to go.  However, in order to be able to hop around without starting a new
GRASS session, it would be desirable to EITHER
i) be able to write to mapsets other than the "current" one,
OR (preferably)
ii) be able to change the "current" mapset during a session,
(OR BOTH).
I guess it would not be difficult to write a script, or maybe a program to
modify the appropriate environment variables, etc, but has anyone already
done this?

ALSO - how about a g.move or a more powerful g.rename that does a g.copy
followed by a g.remove?

Simon Cox

____
Dr Simon Cox                             __  L
CSIRO Div. Exploration & Mining       ,~'  L_|\       Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,            ,-'         \      Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009,  Australia     (            \     Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 389 8421         X    ___     /     Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906          L,~'   "\__/      Centre
s.cox at dem.csiro.au                            v