GRASS Training

Marsha Bolstad marsha at cast.uark.edu
Mon May 23 12:39:38 EDT 1994

Shaun,

I received your note last week, but had a bad day when my mail "went away".
I'm glad I received your note again.

> I've been working with GRASS for about 2 months and I am now looking to
> learn more than what I can figure out on my own.  Does anyone out there
> know of training classes for GRASS or perhaps an instructor who is
> willing to teach GRASS here on site?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Shaun Poulton
> spoulton at ccgate.ssp.nmfs.gov
> NOAA
> National Marine Fisheries Service
> (301)713-2372

We have two Introductory GRASS classes coming up before the end of the year,
one August 1-5, and the second November 7-11.  These classes are here in our
facilities at the University of Arkansas.  The cost is $825 for the week and
includes all course materials.  We can arrange on-site classes as well, but
we charge a flat fee for classes up to 12 people, or classes from 12-18
people.  If there are fewer than 5 in the class, it is cheaper to send them
here.  It is also fairly difficult to schedule our instructors--they are
pretty booked up--but it's possible!  If you would like more info about either
option, give me a call or write again.

Marsha Bolstad, Training Program Coordinator
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies
(501) 575-8614
FAX:  (501) 575-3846
marsha at cast.uark.edu