update packages

DON EBERT ebertd at nevada.edu
Mon May 23 14:24:07 EDT 1994

I just began working on GRASS4.1 recently and noticed that the version
installed on our workstation only included update package #1.  Since there
are now 4 upgrade packages available, I thought it would be a good idea to
bring our program up to date. I'm relatively new to UNIX as well but the
installation instructions for update #2 seemed pretty straight forward.
During the compilation process, a number of error messages were produced.
I think most of them revolve around the fact that the shell script is
looking for a file in /usr/local/grass4.1/src/libes/LIB although /LIB is not
present on our system.  We do have /usr/local/grass4.1/src/libes/LIB.sun4
however, but before I rename that folder I want to get an informed
opinion. Would it be possible for someone to review the script produced
during installation and let me know what if anything needs to be done?
Any help would be appreciated.

Don Ebert
ebertd at nevada.edu
National Biological Survey