raster map resolution problems

BARNES DAVID barnesd at lab.cc.wmich.edu
Wed May 25 14:15:13 EDT 1994

We are attempting to import scanned aerial photo images into grass 4.1 from
tif format digital image files. This has been somewhat successful, but..
we can not display the images in grass 4.1 at the same resolution that they
were oriinally scanned at. The display of the images in image processing
software, such as xv, are at the initial (high) resolution but in grass 4.1
the pixel resolution is much "coarser". We have labored with g.region,
r.support, and other obvious routines to visualize the digital images at
original resolution with no success. We wonder whether the file compression
procedures in grass 4.1 are confounding us, that is do we need to undertake
an "uncompress" procedure. This has been a vexing and time consuming problem!
thanks for your help, Dave Barnes.