GRASS and Sun operating sys

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri May 27 09:32:06 EDT 1994

Steve,
the Sun binaries were compiled under SunOS 4.1.3. As far as GRASS under Solaris
2.3 goes, there are others on the net who could probably give you complete
details. My understanding is that the "quirks" are limited, but one of them has
to do with the speed of v.digit, and thus could be fairly major. We're going to
find out ourselves in a few weeks, as we switch from 4.1.3 to Solaris 2.3.
And they call this progress!!

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159