Creation of elev. mod.

JakubLoch GIS kubajl at hydr1.vub.ac.be
Mon May 30 16:29:51 EDT 1994

First of all I have to say that my advice will not be full. I wasn't work
with this comand but only looked over my friend's shoulder. So if you will
have other (and different) advice than my they are probably more reliable.

1) If you are working with hilly basin I would sugest v.to.rast and
   r.surf.contour (for high slope s.surf.tps are giving some errors)

1.a) my friend was working on about 10 x 10 km with 10 m cells (he also tried
     5m but he was stucked in r.watershed)

2) r.surf.contour is beter than r.surf.idw, r.surf.idw2
   s.surf.tps is beter than s.surf.idw (for your task ofcourse)
   If you have time you can ran both and compare results

3) On Sun-Sparc 10 r.surf.contour on region with about 4 mln cells run about
   3-4 days

One more advice for the future - when you will have your elevation model ready
cut it to have only your basin - it will save lot of computing time.

Best regards

Jakub Loch