topographic contour maps

BARNES DAVID barnesd at lab.cc.wmich.edu
Mon Oct 3 18:26:23 EDT 1994

Hello Grass Users,
	We are new users and request your help in generating topo maps from
dxf imported files. We have large scale topo maps from and area of interest
that a poor grad student digitized from hard copy in Autocad format. The
DXF file import was smooth but the map is a "dumb" map with no elevation
information. Can anyone help us with procedures for the incorporation of
elevation data to the x,y locations of contour lines in the raster map file?
Thanks, "learning slowly in Kalamazoo"

  * My Address							           *
  * DAVE BARNES								   *
  * Geology Dept.							   *