lock

Stuart Bradshaw bradshaw at lewis-deh2.army.mil
Fri Oct 7 12:01:28 EDT 1994

The GISBASE is a variable that gets set when grass is started. How do you start
GRASS ? something like  grass4.1  ?

THis script sets up a couple variables and looks like:

:
GISBASE=/usr/grass4.1
export GISBASE
exec $GISBASE/etc/GIS.sh

maybe your line GISBASE is not set correctly (for problem 2 below).

If problem 2 is true, then problem 1 here is probably a result of this, though
I'm not sure where a $GIS ever gets set. Also make sure this file
$GIS/etc/lock   (probably /usr/grass4.1/etc/lock)  is there, if not you'll
need to get it compiled or find it somehow.

Stuart Bradshaw, CSC                Phone: 206-967-4985
ATTN: AFZH-DEQ (GIS LAB)            Fax: 206-964-2488
Ft. Lewis, WA  98433-5000
bradshaw at lewis-deh2.army.mil