new GRASS prog: s.normal

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Oct 10 15:33:18 EDT 1994

Ever want to test assumptions of normality on site lists?
Maybe not, but if so, read on.

I've put together a library to do hypothesis testing
for distributional assumptions (along with tutorial).
For folks to evaluate it, I've written a GRASS wrapper to test
most of the Gaussian cases.

If you'd like to try this out, get s.normal.tar.gz, cdhc.tar.gz,
and libcdhc-tutorial.ps.gz from
ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass.

I am especially interested in hearing feedback on the
manual from anyone who thinks that they are statistically
literate (I am trying to become more literate---one of
the goals of this little programming exercise :)

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley

P.S. the library will also be used by future versions of s.semivar