Vector to Ascii output

Joe Leone Joe.Leone at per.dwe.csiro.au
Tue Oct 11 03:07:53 EDT 1994

Hi All,
I am trying to import map layers into a Graphic/Map package. The required import format is simialr to that produced by v.out.ascii , but not close enough :-( .
The format I require is as follows:-

unique identifier   x,y co-ordinate of pt within the polygon   # of nodes (vertecies)
 x y
 x y
 x y
 x y
 .
 .
 .
unique identifier   x,y co-ordinate of pt within the polygon   # of nodes (vertecies)
 x y
 x y
 x y
 x y
 .
etc

001  117.647155 -31.526400 9
 117.646439      -31.526925
 117.647065      -31.526627
 117.648014      -31.526279
 117.648532      -31.526457
 117.649406      -31.526851
 117.649604      -31.52766
 117.649901      -31.528131
 117.650901      -31.528662
 117.646439      -31.526925
002   117.583049  -31.5900  8
 117.586222      -31.590648
 117.587001      -31.591729
 117.578977      -31.591704
 117.57897       -31.589991
 117.583049      -31.590121
 117.58436       -31.589869
 117.585293      -31.5896
 117.585509      -31.589684

Note that the set of points enclose a complete polygon.  Aslo the point WITHIN the polygon ( at the begining of each set) does not have to be the centroid.

Is there any way I can get such an output from GRASS?? Please mail me if you what more information and ofcourse with ANY suggestions.

Thanks
Joe Leone
CSIRO
Division of Wildlife and Ecology