Vector to Ascii output

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Oct 11 19:24:40 EDT 1994

Joe Leone (Joe.Leone at per.dwe.csiro.au) writes on 11 Oct 94:
>I am trying to import map layers into a Graphic/Map package. The
>required import format is simialr to that produced by v.out.ascii ,
>but not close enough :-( .
>The format I require is as follows:- > >
>unique identifier x,y co-ordinate of pt within the polygon # of nodes
>(vertecies)

it should not be too difficult to modify v.out.ascii to do this.
Is there a library function to give a point-within-polygon?
If not, I believe that there may be a routine that says
"yes or no" about a point. [don't have the programming
manual on site right now]

Alternatively, assuming that we only have polygons in the map,
we could use v.digit to add Points and then think of some
clever way of labelling so that the transformation of
v.out.ascii output to your format could be done with awk.

--Darrell