Multiple Users?

Nandish Mattikalli nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 20 11:32:25 EDT 1994

Hi!

I am getting a message like:

STMP = /dev/tty
/dev/tty: Permission denied

when I am trying to start the display monitor or start the shell.
I never received such a message before (may be because I was a single
grass user).

Today, my colleague has logged onto the same machine and running
xgrass4.1. I am getting this message when I am trying to work with
grass simultaneously with my colleague, and I am unable to start
the windows. Any idea why this message is poping up?

Is there any restriction on number of grass users? If so, how to
arrange for 2 or more users to use grass simultaneously.

Thanks for any help.

Nandish Mattikalli
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov