arc/info 7.0 to GRASS?

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at CS.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 26 12:48:42 EDT 1994

In info.grass.user you write:

>There's been a little discussion about bringing GRASS raster maps into
>arc/info version 7.0.  How about going the other way: arc/info version
>7.0 coverages to GRASS vector files via v.in.arc?  Does this work OK?
>We just received version 7.0 and are pondering whether to keep version
>6.1 on the system, since it works fine via ungenerate and v.in.arc.
>Anyone tried an arc ungenerate and v.in.arc with 7.0?

>	Bill Baker
>	bakerwl at uwyo.edu

Bill,
  I haven't tried using arc 7 to do arc->grass, but I have had lots of trouble
getting arc 6 arc->grass via ungenerate and v.in.arc.  Not all of the
polygons get labeled.  If you do a conversion in the near future, could
possibly email me a transcript of the process?  A capture file would be
fantastic.  If it's not too much trouble, I would be very greatful.

Thanks,
Kurt