RE - Monitor's ...

Pascal Gouery - UHB - 99 33 52 52 gouery at uhb.fr
Thu Oct 27 04:16:17 EDT 1994

In article <9410252120.AA05190 at tsalmoth.colorado.edu>, dunnj at tsalmoth.colorado.edu (DUNN  JEREMY SIMON) writes:
> Hi there I've been trying to open and run a monitor in grass using d.mon
>
> I get the error message as below when I try to do this
>
> x0
> Graph_Set: can't open
> so what do I need to set my DISPLAY to ?
> It's a  DEC Alpha , called polarbear .
> I'm running it remotely from another machine (DECSTATION)

> Jeremy

	Hello Jeremy,

	You have two things to do :

	. Set your display as the DECSTATION name oe IP number
	(witch is really your display, It would be the X-terminal if you
	work on a X-terminal ...)
	setenv DISPLAY <IPnbr>:0.0    or     setenv DISPLAY <name>:0.0

	. On the DECSTATION (a Decterm open'd directly from your session
	manager for example) authorize your alpha to display on the
	DECSTATION (I think on ULTRIX a thing like  "xhost  +  <host>"),
	Just "xhost +" enables any host to display on your screen.
	(on VMS machines you do this over the "option" "security" menu
	from the session manager)

	. To see if it's Ok, you can run for example the "xclock" of
	your Alpha or any other Xtool

		Hope it help you,

	:	Pascal GOUERY		:	Tel.: 99.33.52.79	:
	:	S.I.R.E.		:	      99.33.51.24	: