DLG labelling

Peter P. Petri ppetri at sampson.sjsu.edu
Tue Sep 13 23:49:53 EDT 1994

Greetings...

I have imported a DLG-hypsography file using v.import.  I am wondering
how I assign the elevation values to the geometry, for when I display and
alter the colors, the color values affect only the category number (line
number) and not the elevation values.

I have moved the multiple attribute file into the dig_cats directory
under my mapset within my location.  The problem is that the major and
minor codes data is included within the category and thus, adds needless
data to the category.  I am interested only in the elevations.

I have read the very brief treatment on labelling contours in the digit
tutorial but this seems to be a tremendous task in light of doing this
for a number of quads.

Perhaps I am missing something in my understanding of the task.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Peter Petri
ppetri at sparta.sjsu.edu