DLG labelling

Peter P. Petri ppetri at sampson.sjsu.edu
Wed Sep 14 00:07:56 EDT 1994

Greetings...

I have imported a DLG-hypsography file using v.import.  I am
wondering how I assign the elevation values to the geometry, for when I
display and alter the colors, the color values affect only the category
number (line number) and not the elevation values.

I have moved the multiple attribute file into the dig_cats directory under
my mapset within my location.  The problem is that the major and minor codes
data is included within the category and thus, adds needless data to the
category.  I am interested only in the elevations.

I have read the very brief treatment on labelling contours in the digit
tutorial but this seems to be a tremendous task in light of doing this for a
number of quads.  Perhaps I am missing something in my understanding of the
task.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

Peter Petri
ppetri at sparta.sjsu.edu