Solaris and d.what.rast

Marilyn Ruiz ruiz at thales.geog.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 20 15:22:46 EDT 1994

Hello grass people,

I will try again to find out if anyone has any ideas about
the problem I am having.

I installed the Solaris 2.x binary release of GRASS 4.1 from
the moon on a SUN Sparc20.  Things seem to be working, with
one exception.  stderr or stdout ( I can't tell which) doesn't
print to the screen.  I noticed it first with d.what.rast,
when the coordinates did not show up when I pressed the left
mouse button.  But I also noticed that some error messages
were not being printed, e.g. when I type d.rast geolooogy ,
it doesn't tell me that there isn't a file by that name.

I don't have a compiler (it didn't come with the system) or I
would have compiled GRASS.  I may try to get gcc and go that
route if I can't find an answer to this problem.  Otherwise,
I will back up and install SUN OS 4.1.3 and start over!

I would appreciate any help.

Marilyn Ruiz
ruiz at thales.geog.ufl.edu