Linux Install Problem

Beverley Zakaluk zakaluk at CC.UManitoba.CA
Wed Sep 21 12:59:42 EDT 1994

Helloe Everyone:

I recently installed the linux version of grass4.1 from "moon" and ran the
install script with no problem.  When I try to run grass using the command
"grass4.1", I get the following error message:

/usr/grass/etc/lock: can't access dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'
Unable to properly access /home/grass/.gislock
Please notify system personel.

I edited "grass4.1" to reflect my installation location as follows:

:
GISBASE= /usr/grass
export GISBASE
exec $GISBASE/etc/GIS.sh

I realize that here is a .gislock and .grassrc file that must be located
in the user's home directory, but am unsure of what should be in them.

Can anyone be of assistance?

Thanks in advance.