d.rast.edit

Chris Rewerts rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil
Fri Sep 30 11:40:03 EDT 1994

>>From: garyo at hydroqual.com (Gary Ostroff)
>>Newsgroups: info.grass.user
>>Subject: d.rast.edit
>>Date: 28 Sep 94 18:18:33 GMT
>
>Hi,
>
>I can't seem to get d.rast.edit to work.  It always aborts with a message about the window resolution not matching the region.  That is, it will work only if I do not zoom in to edit, which is impractical.
>
>When I zoom, I am well within the region boundaries.  I've read the manual, but I just don't get it.  Can anyone help me?
>
>Thanks
>
>garyo at hydroqual.com

Gary:

Because of the way d.rast.edit works, the resolution for the current
region must be the same as the raster map you want to edit.

Because of changes to GRASS since d.rast.edit was written, I had to
make some changes to fix situations where the current resolution was
(virtually) the same as the raster map, but d.rast.edit would still not
accept it (e.g., after a zoom). The changes I made to d.rast.edit were
made part of GRASS 4.1's update number 4.

To find what version and update your GRASS is currently at, type
"g.version" while running GRASS. GRASS code updates can be obtained
from the usual sources, such as the ftp site on moon.cecer.army.mil.

Hopefully, using the updated version of d.rast.edit will solve the
problem. Good luck.

Chris Rewerts                   Environmental Planning and Management Team
US Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories, Champaign, IL, USA
rewerts at zorro.cecer.army.mil +1.217.352.6511 ext. 7588 FAX +1.217.373.7222