Problem with data and manual files under LINUX

Rod Anderson andersr at comtch.iea.com
Sun Aug 20 08:00:00 EDT 1995

ROMAN ANTONI KAMINSKI (TSS at mwod.sggw.waw.pl) wrote:
: *<>*
: *<>*   I am running GRASS under LINUX and I'm experiencing some problems:
: *<>*
: *<>*   Using the command - cat sfcpioz* | uncompress -c | (cd /usr ; cpio -ic
du)
: I used cat sp.cpio.Z.* | zcat | (cd /spear; cpio -icdu)
: It was ok
: *<>*Mark @USAES,FLW
: *<>*
:                             BRGRDS Romek

I noted a small bug (?) while using lynx (and it might also appear in
graphical browsers also) when I downloaded GRASS and the spearfish data
set.  Lynx thought the `split' files were text/ASCII files and therefore
did some interesting CR/LF conversions.
   If you didn't use binary transfer method this could be your problem.

Good luck,
Rod