Problem Running Grass4.1 on Solaris2.x

Yang Yuh-sheng ysyang at yeahsun.csie.nctu.edu.tw
Thu Aug 3 08:00:00 EDT 1995

±z¦b <199508010814.AA15578 at iiasa.ac.at> ¤å³¹¤º´£¨ì:
: I have just downloaded the latest GRASS release for Solaris2.x machines.
: But whenever I run the 'd.mon x0'  It complains: 'Problem selecting [x0]
: will try once more.' .....The monitor window appears fine and shows up as
: running if I run d.mon and then select the choose option ....and then
: list -f.......but I can't select it, it doesn't tell me why, it just returns
: without selecting it (whenever I try a graphic operation it complains that
: no output device is selected).
: I'm using the monitorcap file as it came with the distribution (though I
: did try the XDRIVER.fifo and XDRIVER.n drivers but couldn't get them to
: work either....they always complained about not being able to set up a pipe
: for the output display).
: Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
: Herb Hasler.
: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
:                      Herb Hasler -- herb at iiasa.ac.at
:       International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis  (IIASA)
:            A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria, +43 2236 807 ext 548

mm....I think d.mon should have just several kinds of parameter....

d.mon start=x0
d.mon select=x0
d.mon stop=x0

I don't know if "d.mon x0" works....