No subject

David Viebrock viebrock at gis.cwu.edu
Fri Aug 25 17:46:57 EDT 1995

Message to any GRASS users utilizing a Calcomp Model #5336 inkjet Plotter
or a Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 650C:

My name is Dave Viebrock and I work for an irrigation district (KRD) located
in Ellensburg, Washington.  We are developing a GRASS GIS database and are
in the market for an inkjet plotter.

In an attempt to decide what brand of inkjet plotter to buy, I am trying
to evaluate the Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 650C and how it would compare
to the Calcomp #5336.  I am having difficulty locating end-users of
Calcomp products as HP seems to have the Lion's share of the market.

I would be interested in the real-world compatibility of the Calcomp #5336
plotter with SCO UNIX platforms and any problems that arose.  If anyone can
provide me with some feedback, I would be most grateful.

If you care to reply, please respond to my address:

        viebrock at gis.cwu.edu

Thank you for your time and effort.