Help using v.in.dxf

mohdnaka mohdnaka at helios.aston.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 07:00:00 EST 1995

Dear Grass Users,

I want to convert a contour file which is in dxf format to the grass binary
vector format. I have used grass command v.in.dxf, and used all default values
for the options since I don't know the names of the layers in the DXF input
file containing line data and label. It seems that it is creating the vector
file data (dig) allright, but the category data file (dig_cats) is not there.
I can display the vector file, but when I want to querry the category of each
line, it gives zero value.

I have also run v.support, but it seems to have created the attribute file,
but the category data is still missing.

Any idea, where I did anything wrong when running the v.in.dxf command.

Any suggestion is very much welcome.

Cheers,

Kamarul