ltplus dlg3 export files - Import problem

Abeer Alnaji alnaji at brcsun0.tamu.edu
Tue Dec 5 07:00:00 EST 1995

Good morning GRASS users,

I'm not sure how to word my problem, but I'll try my best to make
it as clear as possible.

We're running Unix on Solaris2.4 on a SUN spark workstation, and I've
been working on tracing, scanning, and labeling contour maps.  Labeling
contour maps was done in ltplus.  After the maps are all registered, cleaned,
and labeled, they are exported in utm coordinates as dlg3 file format (dlg asci
i).
Later the files are taken to GRASS4.1, using "v.in.dlg" with option of lines (-
l),
then run v.support, well, the first two dlg files imported into grass fine, but
later what would happen is that the vector would be created but the labels are
not attatched to the lines. (ofcorese importing the dlg is done in a utm mapset
).

While v.in.dlg is running, I get a message for every single line in the dlg fil
with its number and its lable, saying it can't find label?!!! so it does not at
tatch it!!

Well, it does not make since, because I have two maps processed fine, and the s
ame
steps in ltplus were followed for all the contour maps.  So, I re-export the sa
me
two contour maps from ltplus, take them to GRASS, now they don't work!!!!!!!!.

I've tried v.import, I get the same thing, I've tried several other dlg files,
no
use!!.  One way to solve this problem, is to label the contours in v.digit, but
I've already spent time labeling all of them in ltplus, I don't think its very
wise
to do that over again in GRASS, unless ofcorse this is my only option!!.

Please HELP!!, any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

alnaji at brcsun0.tamu.edu