GRASS - TM Imgaery to GRASS question

stephan at alla.pl.swf.usace.army.mil stephan at alla.pl.swf.usace.army.mil
Mon Dec 4 07:00:00 EST 1995

Hello there:

I'm posting this question for a friend without access to this list.
Please reply to stephan at alla.pl.swf.usace.army.mil and I will
forward the responses.  Thanks!

-------------------------
I have an 8mm tape of a Landsat TM scene in UTM coordinates.
I would like to read the image into GRASS.

I have tried to use the i.tape.tm command, but it seems to want
a 1/4 inch tape.
Is there a way around this?

Also, is there a way to read the image in so that it will be registered
to UTM coordinates instead of the arbitrary grid coordinates?

Should I be using i.tape.tm or is there a better way?
-------------------------

Thanks very much for your time!

Stephanie

     Stephanie L. Miller - Physical Scientist
     U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth
     CESWF-PL-RE
     819 Taylor Street
     P.O. Box 17300
     Fort Worth, Texas 76102-0300