dxf/grass

Evaristo QUIROGA evaristo at cataw.uab.es
Mon Dec 4 07:00:00 EST 1995

> Is there a command/route I can use with my DXF files so that grass
> recognises the z-values? To relabel my contours in v.digit is
> impractical given the resolution of the data.
>
> Gareth Morris
> email:- RGM542 at bham.ac.uk
> School of Earth Sciences
> University of Birmingham
> United Kingdom

Hello Gareth:

        I had solved this problem 2 years ago, I writed a GWBASIC program
for MS-DOS. This last week I converted this program to C for GRASS4.1-UNIX
environment. I hope to send the new program (v.in.dxf3d) the next week
to the "moon incoming". The program imports the Z coordinate of the POLYLINEs
(contour and isoline type) to the dig_att file. It must be executed
in conjunction with "v.in.dxf", for this reason I am writing a script that
runs both programs and "v.support".

                        GoodBye,

                                        Evaristo.

       __                                                      __
 /    /            Evaristo QUIROGA RAIMUNDEZ            /    /
\__/\\          UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE BARCELONA       \__/\\
     \\__  Unidad de Geodinamica Externa y Hidrogeologia     \\__
     /  /\                 Edificio CS                       /  /\
     \ / /\       08193 - Bellaterra (BARCELONA)             \ / /\
      \ /  \               SPAIN                              \ /  \
       \___/        email: evaristo at cataw.uab.es               \___/