ps.map errors

Joachim Wiesel wiesel at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Feb 6 07:26:47 EST 1995

According to motte:

> Bruce Nielsen writes:
>
> >I'm getting some error messages using ps.map on an HP Deskjet 1200C/PS.
> >Output is fine, but once the print queue empties the following message
> >is printed on a separate piece of paper:
> >     ERROR: timeout
> >     OFFENDING COMMAND: timeout
> >
> >     STACK:
> >
> >Does anyone have any advice on how to eliminate this (and save a tree
> >in the process)?  Could it be as simple as appending an 'end of file'
> >instruction onto the PostScript file?
>
> Yes, Bruce, it is as simple as that, although I never took the time to
> actually implement it in a shell-script, so it takes me an extra sheet
> of paper every time. It is supposed to be a typical bug of the HP version
> of the PostScript language.

This helps ... (at least here):

dje6-raw|HP DJ1200C/PS Engesserstrasse 6:\
        :lp=/dev/bpp0:\
        :rw:sh:sf:mx#0:\
        :tr=\004:\                            <<<<<<<<<<<<<<look here<<<<
        :sd=/usr/spool/rtel/dje6_sd:

--

Joachim Wiesel, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung,
Universitaet  Karlsruhe, Englerstr. 7, D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany