GRASS on an HP with digitizing tablet

Jim Theriault theriault at firm.drea.dnd.ca
Mon Feb 20 14:23:32 EST 1995

Some time ago, there was a request on this newsgroup
for tips on using GRASS on an HP700 with a digitizing
tablet.  I don't recall any responses, but I have found
myself with a similar, but more specific question.

I have been using GRASS on an HP715 (and 712) with
success until now.   All of the database information
that I have required has been in digital format.
I now want the capability to digitize vectors (such as
elevation contours) from maps.

The first option in digitizing is to use a graphics
tablet which I found hiding in one of our labs.
It's a HP45911C (still in the wrapper).  Unfortunately,
I have no driver info for it.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used
a similar setup OR has suggestions on alternate
digitizing hardware and drivers (that work with the
HP700s).

Thank you in advance,

Jim Theriault

|           James A. Theriault          |jim.theriault at drea.dnd.ca |
|Defence Research Establishment Atlantic|                          |
|             P.O. Box 1012             |    (902)426-3100 Ext. 376|
|    Dartmouth, N.S. CANADA B2Y 3Z7     |FAX (902)426-9654         |